Join friends and neighbors on Saturday to help tidy up our neighborhood, and earn free ice cream. The Capitol Hill Chamber of commerce is organizing a street sweep this Saturday 10/31, starting at Seattle U's Pigott Hall atrium at 10 am. The efforts will focus from Broadway to 12th and Pine to Madison. At noon, the group will reconvene at Pigott Hall atrium for a free luncheon provided by Bon Apetit and free ice cream provided by Bluebird. Come volunteer and clean up your neighborhood.
When Curt was little, he began the tradition of carving one jack-o-lantern for every year that he'd been alive. (A 9 year-old would carve 9 pumpkins, etc.) These sort of traditions often peter out as one gets older. Here's the thing about this one: it didn't.
EVENT: Join us for a Halloween Party on Friday night, 10/30, from 6-midnight, and watch Curt carve 44 Jack-o-Lanterns!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE. There are 44 pumpkins ready to go, up there. I just saw them. Curt will be having a COSTUME CONTEST, with the winner getting a $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE. There will be Snowmonkey's famous GLOWING BLUE RADIATION PUNCH and Bluebird will be making a CUSTOM BIRTHDAY ICE CREAM FLAVOR for Curt. So, Join us for a party on Friday night and see the spectacle of 44 glowing Jack-o-Lanterns!
Agent Green is throwing a big ol' shindig at Central Coop's Madison Market (our neighbors @ 17th and Madison) from 10am-2pm on Saturday. More details HERE. But here's the skinny ... 25% of the money you spend that day will be invested in energy-saving retrofits. Plus, vendor food specials (aka free samples!) and events galore.
1. All day long, if you bring us your receipt from Madison Market, you will get one free scoop of ice cream (with the purchase of a scoop).
2. Bluebird will host an official after-party from 2-4pm. Your invitation is your receipt from Madison Market. There will be live music from Slow Skate, FREE BEER provided by Elysian Brewing, and, of course, ice cream.
So partner with us to use your power as a consumer to affect positive change. Get rewarded with great deals and free stuff. See you Saturday!
Click here to learn more about events around the country on this Saturday.
These brand-new flavors are available on Elysian's menu:
- Dark o' The Moon: Cinnamon-Stout ice cream made using Elysian Dark o' The Moon beer
- Bete N'owl: Pumpkin ice cream flavored with Elysian's Bete N'owl Belgian Ale + Fall spices
- Kaiser Kurbis: Cinnamon & Brown Sugar ice cream loaded with chunks of fresh Washington apples, soaked in Kaiser Kurbis Hefferveisen
Here is some of Regina's work: